Are you a regular traveler? Has your reservation ever been covered by a third party? Certainly, you have heard these words, ‘I’m sorry your reservation is not prepaid, please place a credit card on file or contact your booking agent for clarification.’
After three connecting flights, possible delays and lengthy layovers, this is the last thing you want to hear. By this, you are at least 95% angry and the front desk agent is about to take you to a full 100! Yes! I know.
Here are 5 simple steps to getting to your room in less than 5 minutes; providing, of course, the counter is empty!
- ALWAYS have your confirmation number handy! Human error exists. Travelers often settle for a verbal confirmation and are clueless to vital details about their booking, should issues arise.
- Familiarize yourself with your booking itinerary. Too often travelers show up or are dropped off at a hotel and the only information they have is the fact that they are ‘staying here for a night or 2.’
- Know the name and contact details of the organization that booked your reservation. Company affiliation goes a long way, especially if they have a long-standing relationship with the hotel.
- Travel with cash or credit card. It is unacceptable to go to a foreign country without a payment method that is universally accepted. In case your reservation is messed up, a temporary hold can be placed on your card (If you have the luxury to do so. These holds sometimes take weeks to be released depending on the financial institution) or, you may pay cash until you contact your booker.
- Call in advance and check on your reservation. If you are privy to the booking details weeks in advance, there is no harm in calling the hotel to ensure your booking is secure!
Feel free to leave a comment with any questions you may have!